Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious Hungarian dish. Recipe by famous polish chef and traveler Robert Maklowicz.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon shortening (can be replaced by canola oil)
- 2 -3 beef hot links (or similar)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced, skin removed)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 pinch hot paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper
- place large skillet over high heat.
- add shortening.
- Sauté the onions.
- season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops in to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- add sausage.
- remove skillet from heat, while stirring add sweet paprika.
- return skillet to heat, add tomatoes, green bell pepper, water, carraway seeds and hot paprika (optional).
- season with salt and pepper.
- reduce heat to low.
- simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- serve with white bread, baguette, penne pasta or white rice.