Chef dgrze's Note:
Simple and delicious Hungarian dish. Recipe by famous polish chef and traveler Robert Maklowicz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon shortening (can be replaced by canola oil)
- 2 -3 beef hot links (or similar)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced, skin removed)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 pinch hot paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1place large skillet over high heat.
- 2add shortening.
- 3Sauté the onions.
- 4season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 5Add pork chops in to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- 6add sausage.
- 7remove skillet from heat, while stirring add sweet paprika.
- 8return skillet to heat, add tomatoes, green bell pepper, water, carraway seeds and hot paprika (optional).
- 9season with salt and pepper.
- 10reduce heat to low.
- 11simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 12serve with white bread, baguette, penne pasta or white rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Debreczyn's Style (Hungarian Pork Chops)
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 96.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef hot links