Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love pork chops and this is a great spicy recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over both sides of pork.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer, or until meat is tender.
My wife loved this recipe. it had a lot of flavor, but it wasn't too spicy. Personally, I think I might spice up the sauce just a little more. I used Center Cut, bone in Pork Chops and served over brown rice
Very nice! I would make this again anytime. Made with fried potatoes and onions and a huge green salad. Made for Football Tag, 2009.
Spicy, tangy and delicious! The spice rub mix of basil, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper was unexpectedly pleasant on pork chops! The smell of the onion, pepper, celery and garlic in the tomato sauce made it hard to wait to dig in. Worcestershire sauce made the whole thing tangy and rich. Made for ZWT5.