1/1 Photo of Pork Chops (Costeletas De Porco)
Brazilian cooks use marinades, not just to tenderize meats, but to give them extra flavor and as the basis for a lively accompanying sauce. From A Little Brazilian Cookbook by Elizabeth Lambert Ortiz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 small fresh hot red chili peppers or 1/2 small fresh hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 pork loin chops, thick-cut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Puree the first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- 2Arrange the chops in a dish and pour over the marinade.
- 3Marinate for 4 hours, turning once or twice.
- 4Lift out the chops and scrape off any marinade.
- 5Pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Heat the butter in a pan, add the chops, cook on a moderate heat 4-5 minutes on each side.
- 7Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 8Add the marinade to the casserole, add a little water or white or red wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Pour over chops and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops (Costeletas De Porco)
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.3
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 53.0 g