Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, easy, and very satisfying. Good with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 8 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef consomme
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add chops and brown lightly on both sides. Add onions. Cover pan and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and continue cooking, covered, over low heat until chops are cooked through, 10-15 minutes. Remove chops from pan.
- To the onions in the pan, add the consomme, tomato paste, dry mustard, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Blen together flour and water. Pour into mixture in pan, stirring, and continue to cook until thick. Put chops in gravy in pan and reheat.
Super good! Super easy! I'll be making this again
very easy to make and the kids loved the gravy. I'll make this again !
I fed this to my relatives and it was liked by all. would recommend this to everyone.