Recipe by lazyme
A quick and simple dish that is good served over cooked rice. From Lipton Meal Time Magic.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy and delicious. My chops were a little thin and were done after 30 minutes in the oven. The meat was tender and the sauce had a nice burgundy wine undertone. Thanks for making dinnertime a snap.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 10 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion and mushroom soup mix
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- cooked rice, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown chops.
- Remove chops to 13x9-inch baking dish and set aside; reserve drippings.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to reserved drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Stir in onion-mushroom soup mix blended with tomato sauce and wine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour or until chops are done.
- Serve with hot rice.