Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came from First magazine a few years ago. It is about as easy to make as it gets.
Make and share this Pork Chops Braised in Beer recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 3⁄4 lbs pork chops (4 thick cut)
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- Fry onions until soft, remove to plate.
- Sear both sides of pork chops.
- Put pork chops in baking dish and cover with onions.
- Mix beer with salt and pepper and marjoram; pour over pork chops.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
YUMMY! Need I say more? I added mushrooms to this. I browned my pork chops first, then I added butter to the pan and sautéed my mushrooms and onions. Then I added the beer to deglaze the pan; poured that over the chops and baked as directed. Thank you Amber Dawn for this recipe. I think next time I will add a touch of grainy mustard for a little twist.
Couldn't get much easier! Instead of marjoram, I used Penzey's Bavarian Spices, which is a blend of thyme, rosemary and a bunch of other stuff. This tasted good though next time I might up the salt. We cooked 2 1 1/2-inch thick pork chops using a convection oven for just over an hour. Might be best to cook less than the posted time and use a thermometer as your guide. Thanks for sharing!