Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple dish from A Taste of the Good Life.
Make and share this Pork Chops Ardennaise recipe from Food.com.
- Place bacon in a bowl and cover with wine and onions.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain and reserve wine.
- Lightly season pork chops and dredge in flour.
- Heat butter and fry chops over moderate heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Add bacon and onions.
- Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and the reserved wine and simmer for 10 to 12
- Remove chops to a warm serving platter.
- Slightly reduce the sauce, add mustard and parsley.
- Adjust seasonings and spoon sauce over chops.
This was really good! The only thing I would do differently is to cook the bacon in a separate skillet from the pork chops. I wasn't sure if the bacon was cooked through, and I like my bacon more crisp. So, the next time I make this I'll repeat the recipe through step 5, then do step 6 in a separate skillet and add the bacon & onions in to the sauce at step 11.