Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil sweet potatoes in water until tender, peel and slice. time will depend upon size of your sweet potatoes.
- Salt and pepper the chops and dredge in flour. Brown in shortening.
- In a bowl, melt butter. Stir in jelly, juices, and lemon rind.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Arrange potatoes and chops in a casserole dish and cover with 6 tablespoons sauce. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally.
I was looking for a baked pork chop recipe. Tried this tonight since I had the sweet potatoes. Sorry to say it wasn't a keeper. My husband will eat anything and never complains. The pork chops weren't as tender as I would have preferred.
This recipe was a serendipitous find. I just happened to have sweet potatoes and the DH wanted pork chops. I did a couple of substitutions - used Blackberry Jam (didn't have any currant jelly) and added dried currants, and added a pinch of rosemary. Rather than baste the dish, I poured all of the sauce over the chops, covered the pan, and roasted for 30 minutes. Had plenty of sauce and the sweet potatoes were really tasty! Will make again. Talk about a great autumn comfort meal!!! Well, an anytime comfort meal! Thanks Grand!
I made these tonight, flavor was ok, but the family thought there was definitely not enough sauce. The sweet potatoes were dry and the 6 tablespoons of sauce disappeared in the casserole really quickly and basting didn't really help much. I would double the quantity for sauce next time. I also didn't brown chops in shortening, I used olive oil.