Recipe by dogsandwoods
The Toledo Blade gave credit to 'ARA Content' for this recipe. I have not made it, but it looks wonderful and is different than anything else on Recipezaar. I'd suggest a spring green salad blend with oil and vinegar on the side. Enjoy!
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
- 0.25 ml pepper, to taste
- 907.18 g pork scallopini or 907.18 g boneless pork chops
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced onions
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- 473.18 ml water
- 453.59 g sweet potatoes, baked peeled and mashed or 425.24 g sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine: paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoning.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown pork on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add flour to pan, stirring constantly to brown the flour.
- Add onions and saute until almost tender, about five minutes.
- Stir in pecans.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Gradually add sweet potatoes and blend until smooth.
- Stir in syrup.
- Return pork to pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pork is done, stirring occasionally.
- If gravy gets too thick, add water.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.