The Toledo Blade gave credit to 'ARA Content' for this recipe. I have not made it, but it looks wonderful and is different than anything else on Recipezaar. I'd suggest a spring green salad blend with oil and vinegar on the side. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
- 0.25 ml pepper, to taste
- 907.18 g pork scallopini or 907.18 g boneless pork chops
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced onions
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- 473.18 ml water
- 453.59 g sweet potatoes, baked peeled and mashed or 425.24 g sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 1In small bowl combine: paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoning.
- 3In large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown pork on each side. Remove and set aside.
- 4Add flour to pan, stirring constantly to brown the flour.
- 5Add onions and saute until almost tender, about five minutes.
- 6Stir in pecans.
- 7Add water and bring to a boil.
- 8Gradually add sweet potatoes and blend until smooth.
- 9Stir in syrup.
- 10Return pork to pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pork is done, stirring occasionally.
- 11If gravy gets too thick, add water.
- 12Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops and Sweet Potato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: