Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Toledo Blade gave credit to 'ARA Content' for this recipe. I have not made it, but it looks wonderful and is different than anything else on Recipezaar. I'd suggest a spring green salad blend with oil and vinegar on the side. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs pork scallopini or 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, baked peeled and mashed or 15 ounces sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- In small bowl combine: paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with seasoning.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown pork on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add flour to pan, stirring constantly to brown the flour.
- Add onions and saute until almost tender, about five minutes.
- Stir in pecans.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Gradually add sweet potatoes and blend until smooth.
- Stir in syrup.
- Return pork to pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pork is done, stirring occasionally.
- If gravy gets too thick, add water.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.