Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fancy but good and simple. I have also used prepackaged stuffing mix, but the recipe is simple enough to make it from scratch. A good way to "prep" this meal: Brown chops the night before and store in fridge. This cuts down on prep time after work.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown pork chops and place in baking dish.
- Melt butter.
- Mix remaining ingredients for stuffing NOT including soup.
- Place a mound of stuffing mix on each chop.
- Blend mushroom soup with 1/3 c water.
- Pour over chops and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
We had some leftover artisan bread - 3 different flavors (rosemary, garlic and olive) and decided this would be an interesting way to use them up. Delicious! Thank you for posting.
These are great!! So much simpler than stuffing the porkchops but taste just as good. I have made these twice and my son-in-law and daughter loved them. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting, Lady Dancer.