Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
kind of like a casserole that will have them beating down the door foe more!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 thin slice pork chops
- 6 cups thin slice potatoes
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a sauce pan, 1 tbs butter over medium heat, add salt, pepper,and flour. Pour chicken broth in, stir and cook until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a skillet brown pork chops in 1 tbs of butter. Grease cooking dish with remaining butter, and layer potatoes. Pour mixture over potatoes, place pork chops on top. Sprinkle paprika over chops.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Un cover and bake 30 minute.
This was quite easy to prepare, and it was delicious. This is perfect for those nights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Richie352. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
Tasty plus it does not use canned soup. Fairly easy. Timing and seasonings are perfect. The meat is moist and the gravy with potatoes is an extra treat. Thanks for sharing, Richie. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
This was okay, just not as good as what we usually make. I discovered that we really missed having the milk in the Scalloped Potatoes. The Pork Chops were great however. Made for Fall PAC 2012.