Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Connie's recipe from family collection. Note that ribs may be used in place of loins.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 cups potatoes, thinly sliced & peels (about 4 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- paprika, to taste
- fresh parsley, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth; cook and stir constantly until mixture boils. Cook for 1 minute; remove from the heat and set aside. In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired. In a greased 13x9x2 baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour the broth mixture over. Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.