Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 pork chops, lean
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Bring 2 cups salted water to boil.
- Add uncooked rice; cook until tender.
- Brown floured and salted pork chops in oil.
- Add mushroom soup and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Line casserole with rice, cover with chops and gravy.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350°F or until tender.
This was a super simple way to fix flavorful tender porkchops! I have to admit I did add an extra can of cream of celery soup to the cream of mushroom and 1/2 cup of milk like other reviewers suggested, and I am glad I did. It produced what I would consider, the right amount of sauce. Next time I will pour the soup mixture directly on the rice before I place on the chops though. I placed the chops on the rice then poured the sauce on top and the rice under the chops did not get enough sauce. We will definitely be making again! Thanks for posting!
We enjoyed this. I added some garlic powder, onion powder and fresh ground black pepper to the flour. I also followed the advice of some other reviewers and doubled the gravy. The pork chops weren't as tender as I would have liked, but that is probably my fault more than the recipe. Our four year old asked for seconds on the rice - which NEVER happens! We will definitely be making this again.
Unbelievably easy and tasty recipe! I did without flouring the pork chops, but they were still juicy and delicious. Great share, thanks!