Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My sister, which passed away from cancer, gave my mother a recipe and my whole family LOVES this... Baked pork chops with white rice and onions. This is a OMG recipe....Using Lipton onion soup mix and Reynolds wrap...
- 3 -4 medium sliced pork chops
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 (39 g) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sear pork chops slightly in skillet with 1 tbs of ex virgin olive oil and 1tbs of butter( preferably cast iron)to give carmelization, for about 4 to 5 min each side, add rice, lipton soup mix and water( according to amount needed or wanted according to the size of your pan) add 2 tbs butter( all in same skillet) and cover with reynolds aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes in oven. after checking the cooking of the chops and rice, then add the raw onion rings over the top of the casserole. Continue to cook with Reynolds wrap covering in oven to cook for 12 minutes or until rice is cooked and top of casserole is browned. Now take Reynolds wrap off for 5 to 10 min to brown whole casserole.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?slug=reynolds-wrap&oc=linkback.
This recipe is really good and it reminds me of some southern cooking. (: I did a little of a variation on this as I wanted to use a recipe I found for creamy wine rice, but the great thing was, I could do them together. (: Instead of water, I used 1 1/3 cup chicken stock and 1/3 cup white wine and it came out splendidly! The butter made the dish a little bit creamier which was really good and the whole dish was pretty much effortless and had really good flavor. (: