Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not yet tried.
- 3 pork loin chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil.
- Remove pork chops from skillet.
- Add onion, celery; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; top with pork chops.
- Cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and chops are tender.
I tried this and was pleased wiyh what came out. I added a little tomatoe paste and this gave it a very nice flavor. Will try this one again