Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 slices firm textured bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Mix rosemary, salt and pepper; rub into pork chops.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown chops on both sides.
- Set skillet and chops aside.
- Stir together brown sugar, bread cubes, cinnamon, allspice, rhubarb and flour.
- Spread half of dressing in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Combine drippings in skillet with water to make 3 tablespoons and spoon over chops.
- Top with remaining dressing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until tender.