Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of those comfort food that reminds me of home. I got this from my grandmothers recipe box. Its simple and good old delicious.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 4 pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
- parsley, for garnish
- Combine mushroom soup, sour cream, water and dill weed in a small bowl; blend well.
- Alternate layers of potatoes and soup mixture in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; brown on both sides in a small amount of oil in large skillet.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place chops on top of potatoes; cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
This is so good! I did not have the dried dill weed, but it did not matter. I loved it and I know my husband will. The potatoes came out so tender and the sour cream and cream of mushroom mix tastes great together!