Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home recipe site!! Posted for the 2005 Zaar World Tour!
- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 pork loin chops with bone (3/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium golden delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and pierogies to skillet; stir to coat.
This was what was needed on a busy day.Kept the apples intact in 1/4,looked nice on the plate.