Recipe by carole in orlando
A complete dinner with lots of fiber, good taste and not very high in fat. It's a comfort food without the guilt. This is my own recipe and I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 boneless lean pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced in 16 pieces
- 12 baby carrots, left whole
- 1 can bush bavarian sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell healthy request cream of celery soup
- 2⁄3 cup water or 2⁄3 cup broth, of your choice
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the pork chops (seasoned with salt and pepper) in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- In a 5 quart crock pot layer the sliced onions, sliced turnips and baby carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I used Lawry's).
- Add the apple slices evenly over the vegetables.
- Spread the sauerkraut over all and sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- Lay the browned pork chops over the sauerkraut and cover the top with the soup that is blended with water or broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until the carrots are tender.