Recipe by Shawn C
I love this for busy days when I have the extra time in the morning to set things up or I may even start the process the night before then refrigerate till the morning and throw in the crock pot. I almost always double everything except the chops for LOTS-O-GRAVY!!!!MMMMM
Top Review by DiXiEmEdiC911
YUM YUM YUM! I doubled the recipe as recommended for extra gravy. I didn't have any canned chicken broth so I just made my own with bouillon cubes, and I added about a teaspoon of black pepper to the flour mix. This ended up being in the crockpot for about 10 hours, and it was fall-off-the-fork finger lickin' good! Served with #35076 and #19009. Thanks so much for sharing, definitely a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in shallow dish, dredge chops in mixture and set aside.
- Combine broth and remaining flour mixture in crock pot.
- Pour oil in skillet med-high heat.
- Brown chops on both sided and place into cooker, place a small amount of water in skillet and boil to remove bits from bottom and put that in cooker also.
- Cover crock pot, cook high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.
- Add water to crock pot at half cooking time for extra gravy/ also taste for needed seasonings.