Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love this for busy days when I have the extra time in the morning to set things up or I may even start the process the night before then refrigerate till the morning and throw in the crock pot. I almost always double everything except the chops for LOTS-O-GRAVY!!!!MMMMM
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in shallow dish, dredge chops in mixture and set aside.
- Combine broth and remaining flour mixture in crock pot.
- Pour oil in skillet med-high heat.
- Brown chops on both sided and place into cooker, place a small amount of water in skillet and boil to remove bits from bottom and put that in cooker also.
- Cover crock pot, cook high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.
- Add water to crock pot at half cooking time for extra gravy/ also taste for needed seasonings.
YUM YUM YUM! I doubled the recipe as recommended for extra gravy. I didn't have any canned chicken broth so I just made my own with bouillon cubes, and I added about a teaspoon of black pepper to the flour mix. This ended up being in the crockpot for about 10 hours, and it was fall-off-the-fork finger lickin' good! Served with #35076 and #19009. Thanks so much for sharing, definitely a keeper!
Very tasty and easy. I followed the recipe exactly except that I used a little less dry mustard and less garlic powder. I served the gravy over mashed potatoes. DH kept saying, "Yum", and, "This is the way pork chops are suppose to be". Too often when I've done pork chops before, they have been tough/or dry. And he said that this is recipe is a definite keeper.
WOW!!! W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!! This tasted so delicious!!! I couldn't believe it came from a crockpot...incredible!!! The pork chops were moist and tender and the gravy was very tasty!!! Thanks for a keeper!!!