Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A savory dinner that goes well with potatoes or rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped (1/2 inch pieces)
- 4 pork chops, 1-1 . 5 inches thick
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (2 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- In a large skillet with lid over med-high heat add oil in pan.
- Heat onions through to deep brown and caramelized.
- Add pork chops on top of onions and brown on both sides.
- Once brown, add soup, milk, and onion soup mix to pan, stirring till mostly smooth. (it will smooth out in cooking process).
- It’s ok if the onions burn a bit, this will darken the gravy as it cooks. No additional seasonings are needed as the mix is salty.
- Cover pan and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Do not remove lid during cooking time. The longer it cooks, the darker the gravy gets.
- Serve over rice or by itself. Both are great!