Recipe by TxBluebonnet
Tired of cooking pork chops only to have them turn out tough and dry? Try this recipe and you will never worry about that again. This was posted on the TOH bulletin board by avidcook_GA and is truly a keeper.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package pork gravy mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chops in seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides. Remove to a warming plate.
- Saute onions in remaining oil until translucent, scraping up bits remaining from the chops.
- Stir in soup, gravy mix and water. Blend until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Add chops to gravy, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are done, approximately 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops. This should give you just enough time to peel, cook and mash potatoes or cook rice. Delicious served with either.