Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tired of cooking pork chops only to have them turn out tough and dry? Try this recipe and you will never worry about that again. This was posted on the TOH bulletin board by avidcook_GA and is truly a keeper.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package pork gravy mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can water
- Dredge chops in seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides. Remove to a warming plate.
- Saute onions in remaining oil until translucent, scraping up bits remaining from the chops.
- Stir in soup, gravy mix and water. Blend until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Add chops to gravy, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are done, approximately 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops. This should give you just enough time to peel, cook and mash potatoes or cook rice. Delicious served with either.
This has become a staple at our house, I like to double the onion and add mushrooms too. This one pleases the whole family! Thanks TxBluebonnet :)
We really enjoyed these. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't have cream of chicken soup (I thought I did) so I used a can of cream of mushroom soup. Yummy! And the gravy was wonderful over mashed potatoes. I am not a huge fan of pork but these were really good. Will make again.
Delicious, I am allergic to mushrooms and have always seen similar recipes to this but made with mushroom soup. Well was I ever glad to see this one had cream of chicken soup. Now I know why people always make this kind of food. Yummie!!!