Recipe by Shadieeie
This is a recipe that came from my grandmother. The browned onions give the dumplings a nice brown color and wonderful taste.
- 4 boneless pork chops (bone in OK too)
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- PORK CHOPS.
- Melt shortening in electric skillet or large saucepan.
- Add pork chops and onions and brown the pork chops.
- Pepper the pork chops as they are browning.
- Turn down to simmer or low and cover.
- Cook approximately 2-3 hours.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt. Add flour by the cupful mixing with a fork at the same time. Mix till flour forms a ball in the bowl. You can add more flour or milk if needed.
- Bring salted water to a boil, put spoon in hot water to get hot, then drop teaspoons of dumpling mixture into hot water. Bring to a boil then cook for 18 minutes, stirring.
- Drain Dumplings.
- When pork chops are cooked and very nicely browned, remove from shortening, turn up heat on stove or skillet, and add the dumplings to the shortening and onions. Stir around to get them nicely browned. Put pork chops on top of the dumplings and turn on low.
- A great meal served with corn, and baked apples.