Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
One from my mom’s old recipe box. This is the first time I have made this and it is a great one-dish meal for the family with very quick preparation for folks with busy lives. The chops are moist and delicious and the potatoes are creamy with a bit of crispness. Next time I may leave the skin on the potatoes for a bit more color. Most of the cooking time is passive, so enjoy that glass of wine before dinner. :)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper; in frying pan flash fry chops in olive oil to seal.
- Blend together soup, cream, milk, and parsley.
- In a 2 quart buttered casserole dish, alternate sauce and potatoes, starting with a spoon of the sauce, then potatoes and sauce again, sprinkling with salt and pepper; repeat ending with the layer of sauce. Reserve a couple spoons of the sauce.
- Top with browned pork chops; spoon saved sauce over top of each.
- Cover and bake at 375F degrees for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours or until bubbly, potatoes are tender and begin to brown.
- Sprinkle with snipped fresh chives to garnish.
- Trim fat off chops before transferring to serving plate.
Delicious comfort food. We'll be making this one again in the future.