Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipe from Best of the Best from Virginia cookbook
- 8 potatoes (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (I use reduced fat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 pork chops (browned)
- In a 1 1/2 quart buttered dish, place alternate layers of potatoes, onions,.
- and cheese. Combine soup, milk and seasonings, pour over all (do not stir).
- Top with browned pork chops, cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
I would love to give this recipe 5 stars but there are a couple of things that I think should be tweaked a bit first. I used my mandolin to cut the potatoes and chose the regular slice. It would have worked out much better to slice them thin. Also, I followed step 1 but after doing that, I realized that it carried over to step 2 and I had to deconstruct what I had already layered so I could include the cheese. Using a shallow casserole dish would have been good so the dish cooked more evenly. Thicker chops would be better so they don't overcook. All of that being said, this recipe has the base idea of a real keeper! The smell was wonderful, the flavour was great and after a couple of changes, this would be in our regular rotation! Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks 1cookinmama! :)
This was fantastic! I used 6 potatoes and 2 pork chops to make this. I halved all the rest of the ingredients. It was very good and turned out perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.