Recipe by Chef Phil 420
My mom and dad both made this for me when i was young and I learned how to make for them.
Top Review by The Portugarians
I tried this because I had 1/2 head of cabbage left over from St. Patrick's Day. This dish didn't have much flavor and we found the pork pretty tough after simmering it in broth for a while. It just wasn't for us.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 2 -3 dashes of oriental five-spice powder
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- soy sauce
- 1 ounce olive oil (any oil can be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up pork into small cubes also cut up cabbage into inch sized pieces. Set cabbage aside.
- In a large frying pan heat oil at med-hi heat and brown pork.
- Add garlic, red pepper(as much or little as wanted), and five spice cook to release the spices oils.
- Then add the cabbage and cover with water and add soy sauce to taste bring to a boil.
- Now cover and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer until the cabbage is transparent stirring ocationally.
- Serve over rice. Hope you enjoy this as much as I have!