Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom and dad both made this for me when i was young and I learned how to make for them.
Make and share this Pork Chops and Cabbage (Asian Style) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut up pork into small cubes also cut up cabbage into inch sized pieces. Set cabbage aside.
- In a large frying pan heat oil at med-hi heat and brown pork.
- Add garlic, red pepper(as much or little as wanted), and five spice cook to release the spices oils.
- Then add the cabbage and cover with water and add soy sauce to taste bring to a boil.
- Now cover and lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer until the cabbage is transparent stirring ocationally.
- Serve over rice. Hope you enjoy this as much as I have!
I tried this because I had 1/2 head of cabbage left over from St. Patrick's Day. This dish didn't have much flavor and we found the pork pretty tough after simmering it in broth for a while. It just wasn't for us.
This was just what I was looking for healthy, easy and quick. I added one chopped onion to the mix and went heavy on the five spice. Great flavor and very filling over brown rice.