Recipe by Boca Pat
I clipped this out of one of our local papers. It's alittle different way of preparing chops and quite YUMMY!!!
Top Review by SWTpea
My family loves the apple and pork chop combo. Referencing a family recipe I browned the pork chops in the oil with a little cinnamon. I then topped the pork chops, once placed in the baking dish with a little more cinnamon and garlic powder. Then topped that with a 1/2 cup more of applesauce. Then added the gravy. My family loved it. Thanks for a new spin on the apple/pork combo.
- 8 medium pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil, for browning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chops at least 2 minutes per side.
- You want a brown crust to form on the meat.
- Layer chops in a casserole dish, they can overlap.
- Now, add the flour, salt, pepper and garlic salt to the remaining fat in the pan.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the boiling water and blend thoroughly.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Add applesauce and lemon juice, mix well and pour this entire mixture over the chops in the casserole.
- Bake 1 1/2 hrs at 400 degrees.
- Check for doneness, depending on the size of the chops you may need to cook an additional 15 minutes.