Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the Junior League of Baton Rouge and, we believe, proves our theory that those Junior Leaguers are crackerjack cooks!! Enjoy!
- 6 pork chops
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (we like sweet sherry with this recipe)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown chops in skillet. Remove to baking dish that you've sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Mix applesauce, spices and sherry.
- Spoon half of this mixture on chops.
- Bake 20, turn chops and spoon on remainder of sauce. Return to oven for another 20 minutes.
Gee that's shwell!!!
Tender flavorful pork chops to die for! I used cream sherry (sweet) and it really enhanced the flavor of the pork chops and applesauce!
Simple and delicioius. The entire family gobbled this one up! The pork chops were flavorful and tender. I was especially pleased to have a new dish that I could throw together using kitchen staples. I actually put the dish together in the morning, left it in the fridge during the day and had DS#1 do the baking while I was on my way home. Since it had been refrigerated, we added an extra 5 minutes per side of baking time. This would be a great recipe for a young or new cook - and a great one for an old cook to keep up her/his sleeve. Thanks Wineaux.