Recipe by keen5
I got this recipe from my 1970 Southern Living cookbook. I thought it was good and it got us away from the same old way I use to make them. Prep and cook times are approximate, depending on your oven. The recipe says 4 servings, but for us it was 2 servings, since we had two chops each.
Top Review by knjblazer
I tried John's suggestion of using the cinnamon instead of the caraway seeds and it was delicious!! My 2 year old had seconds and getting my son to eat anything that is not is a hotdog is something of a challenge! Bravo Keen5!!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inches thick)
- 2 apples, cored and cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper on chops.
- Brown chops in skillet; then place in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Place apples, skin side down on top of pork chops.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Add caraway seeds and remaining salt and pepper to water and pour over chops and apples.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.