Recipe by weekend cooker
a very nice, easy making, dinner with wonderful flavor. A recipe from my mother.
Top Review by linguinelisa
Followed your recipe exactly except for omitting the nuts. I thought it was a little dry so I served it with gravy. I think it could use another 1/2 cup of hot water. I'm not used to apples and raisins in my stuffing recipe, it's a different taste. My favorite part was the dijon mustard spread on the pork chops. Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking tag game.
- 6 (3/4 inch) pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 6 cups stuffing croutons
- 1 cup peeled chopped green apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in 2 tablespoons margarine and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt remaining margarine, stir in croutons, chopped apples, celery, raisins, pecans, water, sage, salt, and thyme, and mix very well.
- Place crouton mixture into a greased 7x11 inch baking dish, and top with pork chops.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard over each pork chop.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.