Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
a very nice, easy making, dinner with wonderful flavor. A recipe from my mother.
Make and share this Pork Chops and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in 2 tablespoons margarine and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt remaining margarine, stir in croutons, chopped apples, celery, raisins, pecans, water, sage, salt, and thyme, and mix very well.
- Place crouton mixture into a greased 7x11 inch baking dish, and top with pork chops.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard over each pork chop.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Followed your recipe exactly except for omitting the nuts. I thought it was a little dry so I served it with gravy. I think it could use another 1/2 cup of hot water. I'm not used to apples and raisins in my stuffing recipe, it's a different taste. My favorite part was the dijon mustard spread on the pork chops. Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking tag game.
Followed your recipe on for this dish, although I did use a nutty, whole grain bread that I diced & then oven-toasted before continuing with the recipe! Also used a honey Dijon mustard, but other than that . . . Had a wonderfully flavorful chop dinner that included some homemade apple sauce! I'll be doing this recipe again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
Delicious pork chop recipe to add to my favorite recipes binder. Used butter instead of margarine, personal preference, and greased a glass baking dish with Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) for easy clean up. Made homemade croutons similar to Croutons with an added dash of poultry seasoning and garlic powder, and replaced the water with homemade chicken broth. You could use potato water saved from boiling potatoes too. Tip: Freeze some potato water in ice cube trays for deglazing pans. Made for Please Review My Recipe.