Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that is good any time of year but especially in the fall when the apples ar coming on. Easy to make and OHH!! so good.
- 6 medium pork chops, 1/2 in. thick
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 medium unpeeled apples, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Brown chops in the cooking oil on both sides.
- Place apple slices in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Dot with the butter.
- Arrange chops over the top.
- Cover and bake in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Very good! I made a couple changes -didn't add the butter and added half an onion to the apples. I also only baked for about 40 min, uncovered the last 5-10 or so. Really nice flavor! Thanks!
We just reversed. But pork chops first then apples. Husband loved them.
I don't know that this needs to be baked for such a long time...the pork chops came out a little tough but overall the meal was delicious!!!