Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have had this recipe a long time. I do not remember where I got it, but it is good.
- 6 lean pork chops
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (19 ounce) candrained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Sprinkle chops with salt.
- Brown chops in heavy skillet in the cooking oil.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over the browned chops.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook over low heat until chops are tender, about 45 minutes.
This would also be great if you replaced the vinegar and used stock, and added 1 Tbsp. of good curry powder.