Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Remarkabley low in fat for a pork dish. Tasty as well as healthy. The capers add a delightfully briney flavor.
- 4 lean boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed capers
- Heat oven to 375.
- Trim all visible fat from chops.
- Spray 13x9 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put bread crumbs in one dish.
- In another dish combine the mustard, lemon juice, and capers.
- Dip both sides of the chops in mustard mixture then in bread crumbs.
- Place chops in baking pan and bake at 375 for 30 to 40 min.
- until pork is no longer pink, turning once about half way through.
Great flavor! It melds together nicely but doesn't take over the flavor of the pork. My husband really enjoyed them, too. He took the leftover chop to work today for lunch. After dinner I was craving it all over again! High marks for an easy to make and tasty dish.
This pork dish was really a winner last night. The combination of the mustard and capers were outstanding. I used pork chops that were not very thick, so I turned the chops after 12 minutes. Since the chops were not in the oven long enough to brown the breadcrumbs, I ran the pan under the broiler on one side for about 3 minutes. The dish was lovey in appearance and a real delight. Thanks, Clifford for sharing your recipe. It will indeed be used again here!
Easy, healthy and delicious! We added 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip Light to the dijon mixture and loved the finished product. We will definitely add this to our weeknight repertoire.