Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Trattoria Grappolo cookbook
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup marsala wine
- fresh sage leaf (1 small handful)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices Fontina cheese (thin slices)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add 4 tablespoons butter and olive oil. Dust each chop with flour and add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Glaze pan with the Marsala, sage, salt and pepper. Top each chop with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of fontina. Place pan in oven until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and place one chop on each plate.
- Use the remaining juices in the pan and add the rest of the butter. RTeduce sauce and pour over each chop.
This recipe was fantastic! I had all the ingredients on hand and they melded together perfectly. Wonderful flavor, easy to make, this is going into my "keeper" book. Thanks!