Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love the ease of this recipe and my kids love the apples cooked in with the rice.
- 4 pork chops, cut 3/4 inches thick
- 2⁄3 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced apple
- Brown chops in skillet over low heat.
- Set aside.
- Add rice and onion to the juices in the pan.
- Cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Stir in bouillon and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chopped apple; mix well.
- Pour into greased baking 9x13 dish.
- Arrange pork chops on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl; mix lightly.
- Arrange apple slices around pork chops.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 minutes longer or until pork chops are tender.
Made this to the letter - easy recipe. Was initially worried it may have been too sweet but it is actually just a really lovely subtley sweet taste. Nothing fiddly or complex about the recipe itself or the finished product. The sort of meal that easily pleases everyone in the family.