Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple recipe that is big on flavor. It's one of my favorite ways to make pork chops.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Brown chops for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine soup and water; pour over the top.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
This was really a delicious meal. We enjoyed it very well. I seasoned the chops with seasoning salt, garlic powder and black pepper while browning on both sides. Used regular carrots sliced because that is all I had. I also had some frozen peas left I wanted to use up. I also put in 1/2 cup water. Turned out fantastic with a perfect amount of gravy and the chops were really nice and moist. Delicious, thanks for posting this recipe lonneytunesfan.
This was quick, throw together meal. I added salt, pepper and garlic powder to the chops before frying them and a little more water to the soup. Next time I will add more seasoning to the soup mixture as well.
This was a really good supper. Felt like a 'set it and forget it' kind of thing. Really tasty. I did add about a teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion salt to the soup water mixture. I also upped the water by 1/2 a cup. I turned out wonderfully. My husband really liked it, too. We each helped ourselves to seconds. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!