Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from my Mom. We grew up on it. I don't quite understand why it's called "chop suey" but it's a great recipe. Very comforting.
- 2 lbs lean pork, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 can corn
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- garlic, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or more, for thickening)
- water, as needed (for thickening)
- Brown cubed pork in a large saucepan Add all other ingredients and simmer until cooked through and tender (around an hour) Mix cornstarch and water and add to pot.
- Stir until desired consistancy is reached Serve over rice or egg noodles.