1 hr 35 mins
I sure love a yummy pork chop, especially when it is super elegant and perfect for guests. This dish is grilled, and should not be baked! Please note that the pecans add an elegant touch to this dish. It's a wonderful entrée to serve during holiday entertaining. Adapted from The Horseradish Grill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (12 ounce) center cut closely trimmed pork chops
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 gallon water
- 10 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 finely sliced sweet onions, such as vidalia onions (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted for 10 minutes in a 350 F oven and chopped
- 1Make a brine by combining the Kosher salt and water in a large bowl. Place the pork chops in the mixture and "brine" for 2 hours.
- 2Remove the chops from the liquid, and pat dry. Cut each pork chop horizontally in half to bone making a pocket for stuffing.
- 3Heat the butter in a heavy skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low., and cook the onions, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until they begin to caramelize.
- 5As the onions begin to caramelize you will need to add a tablespoon or two of water to deglaze the pan. You may need to do this several times during the caramelization process. The onions should turn golden brown after minutes of this. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 6Add the pecans and goat cheese to the onions and stir to combine. Refrigerate until mixture is completely cool, about 15 minutes.
- 7Insert stuffing into pockets in pork, dividing equally. Skewer pockets closed with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- 8Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill pork until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chop Stuffed W/ Goat Cheese, Pecans, Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (1192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.8
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 292.4 mg
- Sodium 19317.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 82.3 g