Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a throw in the skillet dinner that is simple and very tasty. It reminds me of home, good old comfort food.
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 medium onions
- 3 medium potatoes
- 6 wedges cabbage
- 6 carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chops lightly in shortening; salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato juice; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Prepare veggies and add; sprinkle wit paprika and additional salt.
- Cover and cook until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add additional juice while cooking , if needed.
- There should be very little liquid remaining in the pan when ready to serve.