Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Do mouth-watering pork chops sitting on top of creamy potatoes and vegetables sound good to you? Ok then imagine the smell wafting from your oven...Have I lured you in yet? Bread and salad will round out this comforting masterpiece nicely. Now dive in!
- 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (I like the carrot/cauliflower/brocolli blend)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 box scalloped potato
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Oven@ 350.
- Trim excess fat off of pork chops.
- Brown chops in a skillet; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat water to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir in butter, potato slices and sauce mix from scalloped potatoes package.
- Mix milk, soup, basil and Worcestershire sauce; stir in veggie mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased casserole baking dish.
- Place pork chops over top.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a great recipe. I've made this the day before, (up to baking), kept it in the fridge & popped it in the oven when I got home the next day. All I had to do was throw together a salad & I was done with dinner. Thanks for posting.
This was very good. Thanks.