Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Two foods we love at our house are pork and sauerkraut and this recipe combines the two for a delicious stove top casserole. Serve with boiled potatoes.
- 473.18 ml sauerkraut
- 566.99 g pork shoulder chops (4)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced (You may leave the peel on if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- In a sieve, rinse the sauerkraut.
- Drain and set aside.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large, shallow Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the chops about 8 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Arrange the apple, garlic, onion, thyme, caraway seeds and sauerkraut evenly over the pork.
- Pour the apple juice over the top and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the pork is fall apart tender, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.