Two foods we love at our house are pork and sauerkraut and this recipe combines the two for a delicious stove top casserole. Serve with boiled potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 1/4 lbs pork shoulder chops (4)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced (You may leave the peel on if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1In a sieve, rinse the sauerkraut.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- 4In a large, shallow Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the chops about 8 minutes.
- 5Drain off the fat.
- 6Arrange the apple, garlic, onion, thyme, caraway seeds and sauerkraut evenly over the pork.
- 7Pour the apple juice over the top and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the pork is fall apart tender, about 30 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chop Sauerkraut Simmer
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.1
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 855.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 25.6 g