Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple recipe = tender chops. Takes minutes to prepare. Double the recipe for 4 persons or make it for one - very easy to adjust the recipe. For seasoning I used Penzels 4/S salt and Black & Red spice (thanks Susie) but you may use your favorite mixed spice or just salt & pepper
- Season the chops with the mixed spice.
- Brown in a skillet over high medium heat, flip when one side is browned, turn heat to medium add mushrooms to the pan.
- When the chops are browned and the mushrooms are cooked turn into a baking dish.
- Cover with the salsa, cover with foil.
- Bake in 300°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Open foil add peppers reseal & bake for an additional 15 minutes.
I was a little hesitant about trying this recipe, but I'm glad I did. The pork chops were tender and tasty. I used only green bell peppers and added onions as well. The flavors worked very well together. I will be making this one again!
Quick and easy to make! Love these pork chops. Hot, meduim, mild salsa you can pick your own heat. I couldnt find any mixed spice, so I used salt and pepper. Also used greeen and red peppers. Love the fresh mushrooms I added a bit more than one cup cuz we love mushrooms. Thanks Bergy for another fantatic recipe and one that I will use many times over!
This was such a tasty way to have tender pork chops. Mine were falling off the bone tender and had a great spicy flavor. I had both of the spices mentioned in the introduction so used them along with a medium salsa. The peppers & mushrooms really add to this dish too. I served with roasted garlic potatoes and a veggie. It made an easy dinner.. Thank you Bergy for another winner!