Recipe by Bergy
Simple recipe = tender chops. Takes minutes to prepare. Double the recipe for 4 persons or make it for one - very easy to adjust the recipe. For seasoning I used Penzels 4/S salt and Black & Red spice (thanks Susie) but you may use your favorite mixed spice or just salt & pepper
Top Review by CrisTee1982
I was a little hesitant about trying this recipe, but I'm glad I did. The pork chops were tender and tasty. I used only green bell peppers and added onions as well. The flavors worked very well together. I will be making this one again!
- 2 pork chops, any cut
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup mixed sweet pepper, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chops with the mixed spice.
- Brown in a skillet over high medium heat, flip when one side is browned, turn heat to medium add mushrooms to the pan.
- When the chops are browned and the mushrooms are cooked turn into a baking dish.
- Cover with the salsa, cover with foil.
- Bake in 300°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Open foil add peppers reseal & bake for an additional 15 minutes.