Recipe by DancinDanni
My mom use to make this all the time for us when i was a kid. The secret is hot sauce.You could also use chicken.
Top Review by Shari2
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. The only think I found was that 2 & 1/2 cups water was a little bit too much. I will cut some of the water next time and when I make it I will add some garlic to the onions and rice mixture. I used bonless, skinless chicken thighs instead of pork as that was what I had and the chicken was very tender. Thanks for posting.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and season pork chops.
- Melt butter in large frying pan brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Saute rice and onion in same pan.
- Add soup mix and water and add hot sauce and oregano. Blend well. Bring to a boil and place chops on top bring down to a simmer and cook covered for 30-35 minutes.Or until liquid is gone.