Recipe by Kathy914
Super simple and very tasty. I got this recipe from my husband's cousin years ago and it has remained a favorite even with my children who don't care for pork. The onion soup adds a wonderful flavoring.
Top Review by BothFex
Kathy, made this the other night and it was just the thing. Simple and satisfying. To jazz things up a bit I added some mushrooms and capers before cooking and a 1/2 c. of white wine in place of some of the water. Very tastey and easy.
- 2 cups rice (Uncooked)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (Cut into 4 or 5 chunks)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 4 -8 center-cut pork chops (I vary number depending on how many I'm feeding)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in frying pan, if desired.
- (This would be for the appearance of the pork chops only. It does not alter the taste of the recipe.) Place rice in 9 x 13 roasting pan.
- Add water, onion soup mix and combine with rice.
- Place the 4 or 5 chunks of margarine on top of rice.
- Place pork chops on top.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.