Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a really yummy, comforting meal that takes no time to prepare. I use Uncle Bens rice & I usually serve with green beans, or you can add frozen or canned ones right in the baking dish for an ultra no muss one dish supper.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) boxwhite and wild rice mix, such as Uncle Bens
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms or 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning, from packet in rice mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet with a small amount of oil, brown the chops seasoned with salt& pepper.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray, or coat lightly with oil and sprinkle the rice evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the boullion granules and the seasoning mix from the packet over rice.
- Top rice with mushrooms and greenbeans, if desired, followed by browned chops.
- Add water and spoon undiluted soup over all.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours untill rice and chops are tender.
This was great. Real comfort food. I will be making this again.
Very good and full of flavor! Also, quick to put together. My chops weren't very tender, might try a different cut next time, or chicken. I served with mashed potatoes and used some of the leftover seasoning in the potatoes.
i made this, tho i changed it a bit for our tastes. i cooked both the rice and the pork chops (tho not all the way) on the stove, then mixed in the soup, some more water, a can of french style green beans, some green peppers and onions, and a bit of the bouillon. i put the chops on the bottom of a cast iron pan, dumped the rice mix over top and stuck it in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes, it was pretty tasty. thanks for a new recipe!